Come help us craft the future
Senseye aims to revolutionize the way humans communicate with technology. We are developing a unique, sensory interface technology to create a direct link from a computer to a human’s mind via the complex dynamic properties of the human eye. We're looking for a data engineer that loves solving meaningful problems to join our team in downtown Austin. We are a diverse group of people with a broad range of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives who have a lot of work to do and we're excited to have your help to achieve our visionary goals.
As we grow how we work continues to change and we need your expertise to sort various AWS & OCI instances we use for GPU computing, the different PostgreSQL db’s we interact with, and how best to support our installs at various locations. You can make sense of IAM roles for a variety of different users attempting to get notebook access and can easily get CUDA, cuDNN, and TensorFlow/ PyTorch running under Ubuntu.
- Work with Senseye Research & Engineering as well as external resources to define, create, and maintain database systems (JAAR, postgres, others)
- Sort & store data from internal experiments and production instances
- Teach the research & engineering teams how to get smarter on using non-local storage options
- Provision, maintain, and dole out access to cloud resources like AWS & OCI
- Define what resources we move to cloud services and what things we keep locally
- Provide empathetic onsite support as needed for deployments
- Stay sharp by finding ways to grow your knowledge and assist us to continually improve
- Find ways to apply your adaptability and flexibility. We're a small group and need all the teamwork we can get to reach our goals
- Experience building Docker images
- GitHub or other contributions we can check out
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or alternate degree & experience showcasing devops engineer specific skills
- Experience collaborating on software projects using version control such as Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
Senseye is dedicated to building a community of employees that are diverse, passionate, and engaged. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. When we're safe, healthy, and balanced we can accomplish phenomenal things together.
- Because of our work this position requires access to Covered Defense Information for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- You'll also need to pass an FBI background check
- Senseye maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment substance abuse testing. Senseye may also conduct substance abuse testing during employment, in accordance with its policies and customer requirements. Employment is subject to successfully completing and passing such tests.
- The freedom and trust to define your role as we design, build, and ship our products
- Competitive Salary and Stock Option Plan
- Company-subsidized health care plan (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, and public holidays)
- Commuter benefits for parking, public transit, carshares, etc.
- Flexible schedules
- Wellness resources
- Opportunities for continuing education