Come help us craft the future
Senseye aims to revolutionize the way humans communicate with technology. We are developing a unique, sensory interface technology to create a direct link from a computer to a human’s mind via the complex dynamic properties of the human eye. We're looking for a data engineer that loves solving meaningful problems to join our team in downtown Austin. We are a diverse group of people with a broad range of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives who have a lot of work to do and we're excited to have your help to achieve our visionary goals.
You can quickly and efficiently make new python packages formalizing data and modeling process piloted by you and others in notebooks or scripts. You are comfortable making additions to existing production pipelines based on research findings and engineering needs. You have a working knowledge of data use in modeling building and are familiar with a wide variety of data structures.You have an understanding of the unique challenges of modeling compared to software development. You have some experience using data and machine learning to solve problems and are hungry to learn more.
- Use your python knowledge to write and maintain safe, clean, and testable code.
- Work with both engineers and researchers to turn our best modeling and data processing practices into robust code.
- Build datasets from multiple files, formats, and sources.
- Clean data, perform analysis, and stage modeling projects.
- Assist with validation and testing of models in production applications by creating new tools and processes.
- Stay sharp by finding ways to grow your knowledge and help us to continually improve.
- Find ways to apply your adaptability and flexibility. We're a small group and need all the teamwork we can get to reach our goals.
- Experience with out-of-memory data tools
- Database experience (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- GitHub or other contributions we can check out
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or alternate degree & experience showcasing data engineer specific skills
- Experience collaborating on software projects using version control such as Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
Senseye is dedicated to building a community of employees that are diverse, passionate, and engaged. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. When we're safe, healthy, and balanced we can accomplish phenomenal things together.
- Because of our work this position requires access to Covered Defense Information for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- You'll also need to pass an FBI background check
- Senseye maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment substance abuse testing. Senseye may also conduct substance abuse testing during employment, in accordance with its policies and customer requirements. Employment is subject to successfully completing and passing such tests.
- The freedom and trust to define your role as we design, build, and ship our products
- Competitive Salary and Stock Option Plan
- Company-subsidized health care plan (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, and public holidays)
- Commuter benefits for parking, public transit, carshares, etc.
- Flexible schedules
- Wellness resources
- Opportunities for continuing education