Machine Learning Engineer
Come help us craft the future
Senseye aims to revolutionize the way humans communicate with technology. We are developing a unique, sensory interface technology to create a direct link from a computer to a human’s mind via the complex dynamic properties of the human eye.
We're looking for a machine learning engineer that loves solving meaningful problems to join our team in downtown Austin. We are a diverse group of people with a broad range of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives who have a lot of work to do and we're excited to have your help to achieve our visionary goals.
You have knowledge and experience with a wide variety of machine learning and statistical models, applying these tools to computer vision and tabular problems. You are comfortable making additions to existing production code based on modeling needs and updates. You understand the unique challenges of modeling compared to software development and have balanced these needs in past projects. You have experience defining modeling problems, preparing data through analysis, wrangling, cleaning, training, and testing statistical and machine learning models. You understand the difference between a test score in model building and actual product performance and know how to design processes to quantify this. You use your knowledge of machine learning algorithms to computer vision products as well as making predictions on statistical datasets. You work comfortably with APIs and out-of-memory data. You are curious, dedicated to learning and improvement, and have no problem being honest about where a modeling project is at and what its limitations might be.
- Use your python knowledge to write and maintain safe, clean, and testable code.
- Work with both engineers and researchers to create, train, test, and deploy algorithms from large neural nets to custom models in production products.
- Shepard modeling projects through their entirety, including high-level design, prototyping, training, testing, and deploying.
- Deeply study and understand both our structured and unstructured data
- Work with out-of-memory video and image data as well as tabular data through custom APIs to create compound, multiple model solutions satisfying product needs.
- Design installable software to clean, perform analysis, and train models.
- Communicate product-level needs and guidelines to other teams resulting from modeling choices
- Stay sharp by finding ways to grow your knowledge and help us to continually improve.
- Find ways to apply your adaptability and flexibility. We're a small group and need all the teamwork we can get to reach our goals.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or mathematics, or alternate degree showcasing machine learning skills
- Experience collaborating on software projects using version control such as Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check
- Position requires access to Covered Defense Information for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Senseye participates in E-Verify to confirm the eligibility of employees to work in the United States
- Senseye maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment substance abuse testing. Senseye may also conduct substance abuse testing during employment, in accordance with its policies and customer requirements. Employment is subject to passing such tests.
Our General Hiring Process
- Step 1: Non technical interview with our Director of People Ops
- Step 2: Technical phone interview - chat with one of our Engineering team members
- Step 3: Coding challenge - show us your problem solving skills
*Option of take-home or on-site coding challenge based on applicant’s schedule and needs
- Step 4: In person interviews with our Engineering members
- Step 5: Offer
- The freedom and trust to define your role as we design, build, and ship our products
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Flexible schedules
- Mothers' room
- Company health care plan (covers 100 percent of employee’s)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Option to add vision insurance at a low cost
- Options to add insurance coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Flexible paid time off (vacation, sick leave, and public holidays)
- Commuter benefits for parking, public transit, carshares, etc.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Catered lunches
- Opportunities for continuing education
Senseye is dedicated to building a community of employees that are diverse, passionate, and engaged. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. When we're safe, healthy, and balanced we can accomplish phenomenal things together.
Did you know that women apply for open jobs only if they think they meet 100 percent of the criteria listed? Men will apply to that same posting if they feel they meet 60 percent of the requirements.
We know that not everyone comes from the same background, has had the same experiences, or education, and we wouldn’t want it any other way. Don’t worry about checking every single box, instead we want you to bring your own unique outlook to the team, whatever that might be!